Sunday, September 4, 2011

Trees, Ducks, Meadows and Musings


As well as the swan photos, in my previous post, I took these shots at a local conservation area.

The spreading branches of the first tree seem to be reaching out to embrace its surroundings. I'd like to be sitting on that strong, lower limb right now, dangling my feet. Some may argue that I'm past the age of tree climbing, but I can still feel 10 years old at times. Granted, I haven't actually climbed a tree this century...



Although I'd been happily swimming along, this weekend I felt a bit older than my years, stuck my head down, and didn't see all of the loveliness in my life. Such a foolish waste of time... This duck, at least, was achieving something in this position!

So, here's to a new week, a sweet home, good friends, bloggers, brothers and others!


Next post, I'll be back in my garden. I hope you'll visit me there. Meanwhile, I truly love receiving your comments. If you leave one, I'll be pleased to answer or visit your blog.

I linking with Mary at Little Red House for "Mosaic Monday". Drop on over to her place for a visit.

Warm wishes,
Karen

22 comments:

  1. Everything is so green and lush! I'm wishing you a very happy week ahead! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so green and pastoral. I especially like the duck..bottoms up. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mosaics! I enjoyed seeing the conservation area.
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh Karen I think we all fall into that trap of not letting our heads be lifted up to see all the good around us. Hope you are looking up now. Have a great Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ducks...great mosaics. Take care and have a wonderful week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen
    Nice mosaics and you have the perfect photo for 'bottoms up!'.
    Can't remember the last time I climbed a tree either. I've been thinking about horseback riding as I used to do eons ago and keep wondering if my back, hips, arms, legs...could take it. Somehow I doubt it. :-)
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Conservation areas are wonderful places to wander and feel nature at its best. The ducks sure liked it there. V

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think anyone is ever too old to climb a tree! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful area! Loved the bottoms-up duck shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I can understand... I would love to sit on a limb and stick my head in the water too. In reality, I didn't even climb up the watch tower when I was at a Forest Reserve 2 days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love going to places like this. We visited one in Canada while vacationing a few years ago. I loved it. We got to take a canoe ride. These pics brought back fond memories. Thanks for sharing! Love the duck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love ducks. I love the Quak-Quak....
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful mosaic!
    Have a nice week,
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely photos and I like what you said about keeping your head up. I suppose we all have those "head in the water days". I just have to shake myself off and start all over again---- and again. I hope you have a wonderfully happy and productive week. Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karen...so it bottoms up I guess! Lol!! Love those tree and I will join you climbing!

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karen, beautiful shots. I sometimes have the urge to climb a tree, too! It isn't the going up, it's the coming down that stops me!!!!!!! Bottoms up, LOVE IT! Well done, fun post. Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your commentary about the duck gave me a little giggle to start my morning. Chin up, dear lady. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes, when life starts to overwhelm one, it's a good idea to do a duck-dive, come back up and shake the cares off and swim away as fast as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful photos...thanks for coming over and visiting me! I too find days where it is hard to keep treading water :-)
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh such lovely images! Those birch trees are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing the beauty at MM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You made me want to climb a tree right now :) Though it's the middle of the night here, so I guess I'll have to wait. But anyway thank you for this :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...