Sunday, November 13, 2016

Hello, Again


Hello, again. It's been months since I've paid any attention to my blog and thought I'd make a bit of an effort to get back to it. I find it too easy to be a homebody these days, so took advantage of a recent sunny day and headed out to a local conservation area. I was rewarded by the sight of oak leaves. When I was growing up (not where I live now), I remember seeing oak trees all the time. So pretty.

Along with the wooded areas, my walk took me by areas of milkweed. I did spot an orange butterfly, which I assumed was a monarch, staying rather late in the season. Carrying on, I paused on a viewing platform by the marsh.

A stroll by the lake was also part of the trek. The woods, marshlands and a huge lake, all in an hour or so.

If you'd been with me, perhaps we would have lingered here, sitting and talking about whatever came to mind.

The moon was the incentive to head out for a stroll this evening. Various old songs have been playing in my head. Just now I thought of the lines:
The moon belongs to everyone
The best things in life are free

I hope you're enjoying the moon too.

11 comments:

  1. Hello again, Karen! It's lovely to hear from you.
    Such wonderful photos, beautiful colours and the huge lake looks a sea. Your new header is very interesting too.
    It's cloudy here, so we will not see the moon.
    Wishing you a happy autumn. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you again and what a nice sunny autumn walk.
    We miss the sun since last september day, only rain and grey and frosts now.
    But the moon is great and my cat likes it too...
    Have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was glad to see your post in my mail this morning and what a treat! Such a a lovely walk. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely autumnal walk Karen...your photographs are beautiful x
    Wishing you a happy new week,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely to see a post pop up from you. I sometimes resist getting outside, but once I do, I love it and don't want to come back inside. You took a wonderful walk. So nice to see a photo of the moon - it was raining here and not visible. Have a great week, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello , its been while good to hear from you I know life is like that isn't it being a blogger , hope you enjoyed your summer , the weather is still quite lovely for this time of year . Wonderful photos . I love the outdoors and am always outside with my Miggs walking , taking photos or just sitting out watching the birds at our feeders . Tonight is the super moon the biggest moon in 86 years hope the skys are clear I love the moon . Thanks for sharing glad all is good . Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such wonderful autumnal pictures Karen! Always a treat to see your posts. Happy new week.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen, good to see your blogging again. Hope you had a great summer and enjoyed some gorgeous Fall colours. We are loving this milder weather for November and hope it continues for quite a while to come. the moon was fantastic last night and early this morning. Enjoy this lovely weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen,

    So lovely to see a post from you! What wonderful images of this beautiful autumn we are having in southern Ontario. I feel that we HAVE chatted, caught up a little, under that brilliant, leafy canopy.

    Wishing you a wonderful week,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just had to stop by ... to look at your wonderful pictures.
    The colours in them are so lovely, what a great time of year this can be.
    Super to see the moon too!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to see you again - we've missed your lovely posts. Wonderful photos - looks like a great day to be out and about.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...